Thursday, January 22, 2009

The birthday boy


Nothing like realizing your baby boy is now 11 to make you feel old, and that's what today is all about. Today is our oldest son, Arthur's, birthday. He is excited because he is going to a friend's birthday party on Friday, and then to his Grammy and Grandad's house for a party of his own on Saturday. Mom was quick to tell him that he wasn't going to get a 2-week-old baby sister for his birthday every year. I was going to post a baby picture of him and then his most recent picture, but I'm having trouble locating the baby picture. The picture above is his most recent school picture, and the video is from early December when he helped me with a sermon I was preaching. He wants to be in the Air Force, but I'm sure he'll do some public speaking as well.

2 comments:

  1. He has truly grown into a great looking young man. I know he will go far. Hope you all aren't snowed in. Love Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday Arthur! And here I was feeling old because my oldest is turning 11 this year! lol

    Best wishes to his future! I bet he'll do great!

    ReplyDelete