Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Pi Day!




Boy has it been a long time since we posted! School has been crazy busy and then my little car lost its engine. We are in the process of replacing the engine and making my car healthy again, but a one car 4 child family with individual schedules is wild to figure out. Yesterday was pi day and we celebrated it by going to the Science Center and then celebrated Jalen's (nephew) birthday at the NASCAR go carts in St. Louis. We have been chasing our tails and so it was fun to kick back and have fun with family and let me show my inner nerd! I am trying to learn how to do more on this blog thing but with time only on weekend and even then not much, it is difficult. I am supposed to be sewing on the girls' Easter dresses. I can't figure out the tension on the machine and was getting frustrated so I changed activivty.


Hannah is growing wonderfully. She had her 2 month check up last Tuesday and was 11 pounds 7 ounces and 23 inches long. She had a skin granulation from her umbilical cord so doc took it off and cauterized it. She is starting to routinely sleep for 6-8 hours at night. The thing I love the most though, is the talking. She will make sounds that are definitely not cries and just has such a pleasant look on her face. I swear she said "oh, mama" today. Ask my mom. I was on the phone with her at the time!


One more quarter at school. Spring is here at the end of this week and then family birthdays start up. Ten more weeks of school with a last day of May 28. I look forward to summer and the different routine that happens with the coming of that season. I look forward to Hannah growing and talking and walking -- but do not want it to happen too soon. I know that her being able to talk is not going to help me understand her. Her being able to walk is not going to help me keep track of her. Yet these milestones are exciting and momentous. God gives us such wonderful things in babies. They are so helpless, and most of them are so cute. Even when they are crying incessantly, God gave them the ability to be cute so we wouldn't kill them! I am constantly tired, but love every minute of this new routine with four.


I need to wrap this up. I have to get my curriculum written for school and several other things that I actually want to do in the next busy weeks. If the site is updated, that means Mike is trying to procrastinate something and we will just have to allow that. We all need our escapes sometimes! Let's see if I can get some photos attached!

No comments:

Post a Comment